Shipping a firearm
Purchasing and Shipping a Firearm Online
FFLs and the Transfer of Ownership Process
Barney's Police Supplies / BarneysPoliceSupplies.com must transfer ownership of any ordered/purchased firearm to individuals, businesses, or agencies who currently possess a valid Federal Firearms License. Firearms cannot be shipped directly to purchasers who are not FFL holders.
At the time of online purchase you will be required to choose an FFL in our database or request that we add an additional FFL if your preferred FFL holder is not present in our system. You may request to use an FFL that is not in our list by email or phone.
Regardless of whether Barney's lists your FFL, you MUST contact the FFL holder, request the transfer, and arrange a copy of the FFL to be sent to Barney's Police Supplies.
Before you place your order, you the purchaser must be aware of the following:
- The purchaser is responsible that the firearm(s) or CEW is legal for you to own in your state.
- The purchaser agrees at the time of purchase, that they are of legal age to purchase and own the item and that there are no legal restrictions against the purchaser.
- The purchaser is responsible for completing any required paperwork, such as background checks or multi-handgun purchase forms at the time of transfer with your preferred FFL holder.
- The purchaser is responsible for contacting the FFL holder that will perform the transfer and arranging for a file copy of the license to be transmitted in email or fax to Barney's Police Supplies.
- The purchaser is responsible for any transfer fees required by your chosen FFL holder to complete the transfer. Be sure to ask the fee amount when requesting a transfer.
- Barney's Police Supplies does not ship firearms on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Barney's Police Supplies can only ship and process orders on working business days:
Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 5:00pm
Saturday & Sunday: Closed
Forward all FFLs to the following email address or fax number:
How to Purchase a Firearm Online
1. First, pick out the gun of your choice! If you don't see it on our website, feel free to call or email us to see if we have it in one of our physical locations.
2. Create your online account and start the checkout process. Add the item to your cart and click checkout. You will be asked to choose an FFL from our database when choosing a shipping address.
3. Choose your FFL holder to transfer your purchase. FFL holders can be gun shops, pawn shops, shooting ranges, etc. There is most likely one near you in our database but if not just give us a ring or shoot us an email requesting we add them and have the FFL holder send us their license.
4. Contact your chosen FFL holder. Get in touch with the FFL you want to transfer your purchase, let them know you would like to receive a firearm for transfer from Barney's and ask them to send us their license. Be sure to ask about the transfer fee as well.
5. Barney's will process and ship your order once your FFL has been verified. As soon as everything is in order we will get your firearm shipped out. The shipping label will contain your full name so the FFL knows who the transfer is for and a copy of the receipt will be inside the shipment.
6. Complete the transfer. Check with your FFL within 2-3 days (depending on shipping option) of receiving your tracking information to pickup your purchase. The FFL will complete your state's required paperwork and charge your transfer fee. Be sure to inspect your purchase before accepting the transfer! You will be responsible for return shipping costs if you decline the transfer.
If you have any questions or concerns, send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org